Media Planner (m/w/d)
WHO IS PROXIMITY
Proximity is part of the BBDO Group in Germany and is the group specialist for data driven creativity. Digital is fused across our core capabilities of Brand, Retail, CRM and Activation on Global and Local accounts. Around 120 people, from over 30 countries, work on Global brands out of our Düsseldorf and London offices for clients such as Imperial Brands, Bayer & Porsche.
THAT'S WHY WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PASSIONATE MEDIA PLANNER: PLANNING COMMUNICATION BEYOND PAID MEDIA
We at Proximity pride ourselves in delivering business results to our clients through Connected Creativity. A promise that is part art, part science. A Media Planner is a substantial part of that equation, making sure our creative thinking is amplified and improved with contextual, effective and efficient distribution through Paid and Owned Media. You identify the most impactful media moments that our clients need to own and you make sure that our communication strategy lives not in a beautiful Powerpoint Presentation, but in the real world. Based on data and defined strategies, you plan the media presence, collaborate with a media agency to come up with the most efficient plan, monitor how our campaign is performing and make recommendations that maybe next time we should not use that lifestyle image to drive conversion.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Prepare the media plan/overview of media activities for the client’s new campaign
- Set up the new social media campaign, overcoming a last-minute panic from the client
- Ensure that all the administration is running smoothly: all the approvals are in place, tracking and tagging is sorted out, creatives ready and uploaded
- Talk to data and analytics team to get the data to populate the report the client urgently needs
- Analyze the habits ands behaviors of the Target Audience with the help of all available resources: b4P, Facebook Audience Manager, Google Search, Internet….
- Critically examine the oddly skewed media plan from a client’s media agency and map out, why OOH might work better to solve the challenge we are facing
- Brief the creatives on the optimizations we need to make for an existing campaign that is underperforming
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU ARE THE ONE
- Understanding of all media touchpoints and their roles in communication and well their interrelations/connections (especially focused on digital, paid and owned channels)
- Understanding of performance media (social, online display/programmatic, search) and performance metrics
- Good analytical skills (interpreting of results and big data sets) and well-structured thinking
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with setting up social media accounts and uploading content – a strong preference
- Experience with ad-serving and target audience research tools (i.e. B4P, TGI, Google Analytics, Facebook Audience Manager, Instagram Insights)
Other things that would make you excel in this role
- 2+ years of experience in a media or a digital agency
- Performing magic in Excel
- Very good Power Point skills
- Required: German & English
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE
A Russian, Colombian and an Australian walk into an agency…no, it’s not the start of a joke. That’s life here at Proximity Düsseldorf. We’re from all over the world (30 nationalities and counting) who’ve all come to call Düsseldorf home. What that means is we are a team, in work and life. Collaborative, engaged with a more carrot less stick mentality, we’re here to do the best work we can for our clients while helping each other grow and do our best in a win-win way. Friendly and social, the agency is growing as new clients come on board and we’re looking forward to the great work we’re going to do together over the coming years.
- Job ticket for Düsseldorf
- German classes if wanted
Please send your detailed application documents along with your salary requirements and your earliest possible starting date to: